Sunday, October 24, 2010

Agape

"Was when HE ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again” 
                                                    -When God Ran~ Phillips, Craig And Dean-

Do they sound familiar to you? What is the first thing pops up your mind? The HE above refers to the Almighty Lord, not anyone else =). Well I have encounted an opinion; It is we, who run to God not the other wise. Well, there's no right or wrong opinion since I asked for opinion. But, in my opinion this song has a big significance showing God's Love towards us. Everytime when I listen to this song, I felt like hugging someone and say "God loves you too." For the past weeks I've been introduced a word called "AGAPE" through reading Daily Bread.i was like "Aiks? Seremban's church name is here?!?" but now I understand the meaning of it is the love of God or Christ for mankind. 
Though, I've just accepted Christ not long [approximately 3 months] but I understand and felt the love of God. I know the Lord has been kind and loving as he takes care of every single needs that necessary for me to grow well in Christ. I felt really blessed at every end of my day because the Lord had exposed me with different kinds of learning; academically or non-academically. The Lord also had accompanied me through my good and bad times~ Thank you Lord.


Certain Doubts People May tought of~
1) We're sinners, how can God still love us?
--> To be speak the truth, God will STILL love us. You know how and why? God sent His son,     
     Jesus to die for us while we're still sinners.  [Romans 5:8]~ God demonstrates HIS own love for 
     us in this; while we were still sinners. Christ died fo us. It's rare/seldom/ you can say NEVER 
     someone in your life would send His children to die for us. But God did. Jesus has pay for our 
     sins on the cross and to save us!


2) God is a loving God, if that's the case, why HE punishes people?
--> Many has a wrong perception towards the word LOVE. The concept love it doesn't means you 
     will not be hurt at all. Example, many may complain "My parents don't let me do this and do that,
     My parent punished me for this and that." Instead of complaining much about all these things,  
     have you ever wondered why? In the process you may hated them, but then they still love you 
     and wanted you to know that they love you. Sadly most of them don't realise this! Back to the 
     question, the same concept applied here...God wants to give you a wake up call on your mistakes 
     and help you to grow. You may hate HIM for now, but then you surely will realise one day why 
     would HE did that. God will be always waiting for the day where you return to HIM.

How can you demonstrate your love to God?
1. We should try not to do something that breaks His Heart.
2. Repentance, and turn your self back to Him.
3. Building a two-way relationship
4. Serve Him in many ways~



Well, it's my first experience to publish this genre of article and I found it interesting to share my personal experience with everyone. If you have time, googling the song entittled "When God Ran Phillips, Craig And Dean". I hope my article can bless someone's life too. Thank you for watching over me and love you, Jesus~ Lord, Revive our passion for you once again! 
God Bless~

No comments: