Monday, October 18, 2010

My testimony =)


On the 17th of October 2010, It was my church's 12th Anniversary! Happy Birthday Church! I would like to thank God and the Coordinator for allowing to share testimony with my church mates and now with you readers ^^..

My testimony is quite mythic, and it’s hard to believe in scientific way, but nothing is impossible with God. Amen? I studied in a Christian School named St Paul Instituition. I was a strong Taoist back then. Nevertheless, my Christian friends invited me to their church for events; Easter, Christmas and Cell Group. My first proper introduction to Christ is through the Movie Passion of the Christ when I was in Form 1. That time, I felt Jesus is very “Wei Da” ; sacrificing Himself on the cross for us.

When I was in form 3, I begin to hear voices kept calling my name; sometimes it screeches and sometimes a gentle voice. I always thought my mum called me, but then I ended up getting scolding for hallucinating. I always feel unsecured like someone is following me and looking at me. It’s too real to be said as dreams! I ask my Christian friends; some say might be God’s calling; some said Devil’s calling and so on. I became afraid and I started to read more books on Buddhism. I’ve decided to ignore those things as those things kept appearing in my life.. During my form 4, my friend invited me to join prayer meeting, out of curiosity I joined them every Thursday after school. I learn about the word of God, praise and worship HIM. I felt a strong presence during praise and worship About a year later, I actually have the desire to accept Christ, but back then I don’t know who and how to approach and certain problems arose and I dropped the Idea.

Three to four months ago, when I was reminiscing about my past, I live in a contented life, perhaps I can say I have almost everything that I wanted; parent’s love, normal school boy life, friends and so on. Nevertheless, I felt empty or something missing within me; that is God. I began to question myself, how many youths today do really know their God well? That night onwards, I have dreams that make me to have sleep disorders; those dreams are the same. Whenever I close my eyes, I see something like a snake with legs waiting for me and hop bites me. All I do in the dream is keep running in the dream, but the snake wanted to convey me a message; all I do is close my ears and run and that dream lasted for some time. Those voices appeared once again and even now worst where something is asking me to walk in darkness alone. Up till one stage I was confused and declared myself as free thinker. None shared my problems, until I decided to open my conversation to Elden and my friend, Kelvin one day. Then, Elden shared me a video; where Pastor Philip Mantofa was speaking in tongue; it took effect on me and I immediately rushed to toilet and vomited. Then I resumed the video again I rushed to toilet and threw up.  I felt something not right, but my heart urged me to dwell in Christ; at the same time a voice said “Come to me and I will reveal my Will to you slowly.” From that day I told the Lord, Lord take charge of my life and I want to feel you. I began reading bible from that day.


Transformation
On the 28th July 2010, I joined UTP’s prayer meeting for second time and get to know Bro. Chee Lim. I did the sinner’s prayer and accepted Christ in UTP’s prayer meeting. From that day, my life has changed, where I became more Faithful to the Lord, reading word of God is not a burden [I used to think], and the Lord has renewed me. Thank God, that my mother is open minded. I told her about I believe and accepted Christ. I think my mother saw the “renewed” me and quite shocked. I used to have quite a bad temper; when my patience worn out. Last time, suddenly I will like have “Hakka Wind” where suddenly can scold people without reason and throw things, just what ever in my hands I’ll throw. Thank to the Lord has been kind to me where HE extended by patience limit more and threw bad habits away. She also began to ask me to bring the Kid to Sunday school to expose him to Christ to change his bad character.

God gave me a visions/dreams:
One afternoon when I’m sleeping, I’ve dreamt about myself and my prayer buddy, Elden are wearing white clothes and praying for people. I couldn’t believe myself either, and I quickly shared with Elden. Not long later, when sister Jessie was asking who has calling to become a intercessor, something in me spoke to me; Go Avalon, accept the calling…But what is that? I can’t simply accept it… The something said “Have faith, Go for it”..So I believed it and I accept it. I believe it was a call for an intercessor, intercede on behalf of others. My second dream is I dreamt I brought my mother to church to a Chinese Sermon. I’m praying hard so that will happen as well.

I remembered my friend Kelvin told me “You won’t know the sweetness of the honey until you taste it yourself, just like Christ.”So brothers and sisters, despite of how busy we are in our daily lives; we must not forget to spend time with God. Besides, Bro. Elden said before that we should be like little children, where joyful, forgive people easily, humble and a strong believe in something; God. I would like to give thanks to the Lord for His Work and Will into my life. Thank you, Bro Chee Lim, Bro Elden and my friends in Seremban [Kelvin and Warren] to help me to grow.

I will close my testimony by sharing a verse with everyone: [Proverbs 3:5~6] Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will show you which path to take.

Hope everyone enjoy reading my testimony. =)

No comments: